Brighten up your garden with your very own poppy head garden ornaments. In this short workshop you will learn how to make your very own poppy head ornament from clay. This free 1hr workshop is relaxed, informal and fun. Aim to make the item during the workshop or simply sit back and watch how it is done. Once registered, you will be sent an email invitation to join Microsoft Teams at the specified time.
Please ensure your work area is covered to protect it before joining the class and that you have all your materials ready before logging on.
These items are designed to have a functional use and therefore, will need to be taken to New Directions College for firing. Glazing options available.
• Clay (approx. 2kg)
• A skewer/knitting needle/sharp pencil
• Stake for garden – no thicker than 10mm diameter (You can source this after firing)
• Cup of water
• Old tea towel/pillowcase to work on
• Old newspaper
• Fine wire or string to cut clay from the bag
You can purchase your clay from our local supplier in Tilehurst, any of these clay options are fine to use. They offer a free click and collect service, or charged delivery, check website for costs:
Blue Matchbox: www.bluematchbox.co.uk
Delivery or Click and Collect from Tilehurst
• https://www.bluematchbox.co.uk/potclays-white-st-thomas.html £13.82
• https://www.bluematchbox.co.uk/potclays-buff-school-clay.html £10.92
• https://www.bluematchbox.co.uk/potclays-buff-stoneware.html £8.17